The Chronology of the Great Famine documents a period of Irish history between November 29 1845 and 1852 during which time the population of Ireland was reduced by 20 to 25 percent. The proximate cause was famine resulting from a potato disease commonly known as late blight. Although blight ravaged potato crops throughout Europe during the 1840s, the impact and human cost in Ireland – where a third of the population was entirely dependent on the potato for food – was exacerbated by a host of political, social and economic factors which remain the subject of historical debate. An important ...
This is a chronicle of important events that took place under the Shunzhi Emperor of the Qing Dynasty in what is now China. It spans from the death of his predecessor Hong Taiji in September 1643, to the emperors own death on 5 February 1661, seven days into the eighteenth year of the Shunzhi reign period. These dates do not correspond perfectly with the Shunzhi era itself, which started on 8 February 1644 - on New Years Day of the lunisolar year following the emperors accession - and ended on 17 February 1662, more than one solar year after the emperors death. The posthumous events relate ...
The chronology of the universe describes the history and future of the universe according to Big Bang cosmology. The earliest stages of the universes existence are estimated as taking place 13.8 billion years ago, with an uncertainty of around 21 million years at the 68% confidence level.
ⓘ Chronology by event
- Chronology from Latin chronologia, from Ancient Greek χρόνος, chronos, time and - λογία, - logia is the science of arranging events in their order of
- and many details of the chronology of Ancient Egypt. This scholarly consensus is the so - called Conventional Egyptian chronology which places the beginning
- The chronology of the Bible is an elaborate system of lifespans, generations and other means by which the passage of events is measured, beginning with
- The chronology of the ancient Near East is a framework of dates for various events rulers and dynasties. Historical inscriptions and texts customarily
- The chronology protection conjecture is a hypothesis first proposed by Stephen Hawking that the laws of physics prevent time travel on all but microscopic
- the sack of Babylon to 1595 BCE. The chronology is based on a 56 64 - year astronomical calculation determined by evidence from the Venus tablet of Ammisaduqa
- question, middle chronology dates can be calculated by adding 64 years to the corresponding short chronology date e.g. 1728 BC in short chronology corresponds
- information about events between AD 800 1000, and most known historical events took place in AD 1000 1500. The New Chronology is rejected by mainstream historians
- The Ussher chronology is a 17th - century chronology of the history of the world formulated from a literal reading of the Old Testament by James Ussher
- The Chronology of Ancient Kingdoms Amended is an approximately 87, 000 - word composition written by Sir Isaac Newton, first published posthumously in 1728
- This article covers some of the major Conan chronologies that have been advanced over the years. From the 1930s onward a number of fans and scholars have
- Chronology is the science of locating events in time. A chronology is a common term for a timeline. It can also mean: Chronology Bryn Haworth album
- this chronology happened at 3138 BCE, and the start of the Kali Yuga, which according to this chronology started at 3102 BCE. The Puranic chronology is