Asia Catalyst is an independent organization that builds strong civil society and advances the right to health for marginalized groups in Asia. It trains community-based organizations to meet high standards of effective and democratic governance, to establish a stable foundation for future growth, and to conduct rigorous human rights research and advocacy. It is an independent organization that places the needs of marginalized communities at the center of national, regional, and international policy making. Since its founding in 2006 by Sara L.M. Davis, the organization has opened offices ...
The Campaign for Access to Essential Medicines is an international campaign started by Medecins Sans Frontieres to increase the availability of essential medicines in developing countries. MSF often has difficulties treating patients because the medicines required are too expensive or are no longer produced. Sometimes, the only drugs available are highly toxic or ineffective, and they often have to resort to inadequate testing methods to diagnose patients. The lack of research into diseases that affect most of the world’s poor population is known as the 10-90 gap and it occurs because phar ...
Patient participation is a trend that arose in answer to perceived physician paternalism. However, only rarely can unchecked physician paternalism be justified, and unlimited patient autonomy would presumably be equally abhorrent. In recent years, the term "patient participation" has been used in many different contexts. These include, for example: participatory medicine, health consumerism, and patient-centered care. For the latter context, i.e. patient-centered care, a more nuanced definition was proposed in 2009 by the president of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Donald Berwick ...
ⓘ Health activism
- Internet activism also known as web activism online activism digital campaigning, digital activism online organizing, electronic advocacy, c e - campaigning
- business interests. Consumer activism includes both activism on behalf of consumers for consumer protection and activism by consumers themselves. Consumerism
- activism is youth engagement in community organizing for social change. Youth participation in social change focuses more on issue - oriented activism than
- sit - ins, and the like. HIV AIDS activism has often drawn its numbers from socially active patients who struggle with their health themselves as well as the
- prompted accusations of judicial activism Justice Rosalie Abella is a particularly common target of those who perceive activism on the Supreme Court of Canada
- ratification of ILO190. 16 days of activism UN Women www.unwomen.org. Retrieved 6 December 2014. WHO 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence www
- Hashtag activism is a term coined by media outlets which refers to the use of Twitter s hashtags for Internet activism The term can also be used to refer
- John Giorno, Mecca Normal and Linton Kwesi Johnson. Rhythm Activism 1986 Rhythm Activism Live 1987 Resist Much, Obey Little 1987 Louis Riel in China
- whether or not this fan activism represents traditional activism While fan activism is considered to be a form of cultural activism by fans and some political
- Women s Health Action and Mobilization WHAM was an American activist organization based in New York City, established in 1989 in response to the U.S
- Feminist activism in hip hop is a feminist movement based by hip hop artists. The activism movement involves doing work in graffiti, break dancing, and